NOTICE OF PROPOSED SCHOOL BUDGET Notice is hereby given that a proposed budget has been submitted to the Board of Education of Huerfano School District RE-1 for the fiscal year beginning 2022 and has been filed in the office of Huerfano School District RE-1 Administration Building and on The District webpage, http://huerfano.k12.co.us/ where it is available for public inspection. Such proposed budget will be considered for adoption at a regular meeting of the Board of Education of said District via live stream https://facebook.com/HuerfanoRe1/live/ on May 23, 2022 at 5:30 P.M.
Any person paying school taxes in said district may at any time prior to the final adoption of the budget file or register his objections thereto.
BOARD OF EDUCATION
May 16, 2022
Huerfano School District RE-1
Please see the information below for current summer meals programs nearby:
LIBERTY POINT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Sponsoring Organization: Pueblo County School District 70
Site Name: LIBERTY POINT INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
Site Address: 484 S MAHER DR PUEBLO WEST, CO 81007
Start Date: 6/6/2022 End Date: 7/21/2022 Days of Operation: M,T,W,TH
Breakfast Time: 7:00AM – 8:00AM Lunch Time: 11:00AM – 12:30PM
http://kidsfoodfinder.org/ Use this link to access other nearby locations that serve summer meals.
HUERFANO SCHOOL DISTRICT FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Here is our 2022-2023 School Year Calendar, as approved on May 9, 2022 by the School Board. – 2022-2023 Calendar – Approved May 9 2022(updated 6-3-22) (There was a minor update made on 6/3/2022, where two non-student days were labeled as Teacher Work Days, instead of District In-Service Days)
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
We are so excited for our graduation class of 2022! To keep graduation running smoothly, we put together a guide for graduating seniors.
Graduation requirements are as follows:
- Completed 26 credit hours
- 32 Community service hours (paperwork submitted and verified by counselors)
- John Mall Student Handbook CDE Test Requirements can be found at:
Scholarships and deadlines- We want all of our seniors to have the opportunity to apply for
every scholarship available to them. A lot of times, these scholarships have deadlines and
criteria. Please see the attached guide.
Cap and Gown orders – In order to walk on graduation day, all eligible students must order a cap and gown. All students should have ordered a cap and gown; if not, please contact Ms. Schauth right away. Cap and gowns will be given out on May 19th for practice.
Please remember to submit senior photos to Mr. DeJong for the yearbook. Senior photos are past due. If you are interested in purchasing a senior page at the back of the yearbook, please contact Mr. DeJong at .
If any parent or guardian would like to volunteer in school activities, or outings, we would love to have you! Please call the office at (719) 738-1610.
- April 13th – Senior Spotlight Starts (John Mall Facebook Page)
- April 28th- Senior Slideshow due
- May 4th – Senior Day Trip
- May 11th – Senior Banquet 5pm
- May 19th – Senior Brunch, Peakview Walk Through, Final Assembly, Graduation Practice
- May 21st – Graduation 10am John Mall High School Football Field (weather permitting)
John Mall High School Staff
Nearly 3 billion dollars in scholarships and grants goes unclaimed every year! There is
something for everyone when it comes to scholarships.
Check out these scholarship search engines to see what scholarships are out there:
***Keep in mind, many universities and colleges offer their own scholarships to students who have selected to attend their school. If you have a few colleges in mind, look on their website and look under their Financial Aid tab. There should be information on what scholarships they offer.***
Some of the local scholarships for you to be on the lookout for next year include:
- San Isabel Electric (currently accepting applications) – https://siea.com/sieaandpoweredupscholarship/
- The Cuchara Chapel Scholarship – http://www.cucharachapel.org/scholarship/
- The Spanish Peak Hospital Foundation Scholarship
- John Mall Scholarship
- Candy CoCo Memorial (La Veta Octoberfest)
- Derek Cordova Spirit Scholarship
- Daniels Fund
- Colorado Lions Club
- Boettcher Foundation Scholarship – https://boettcherfoundation.org/
- Hagan Scholarship Foundation – https://www.hsfmo.org
- Greenhouse Scholars – https://greenhousescholars.org/our-scholars/become-a-scholar/
**Never pay to apply for scholarships! Scholarships and search sites should always be free.**
This fly through video was presented to the Huerfano Re-1 Board of Education on Monday, April 11, 2022. 3-D Rendering created by Wold Architects and Engineers. Please note: the final version of the building may not contain all aspects depicted in this rendering.
A link to our YouTube video is available here: https://youtu.be/Srfqn527e6s