Here is the letter sent to us by the LAS ANIMAS-HUERFANO COUNTIES DISTRICT HEALTH DEPARTMENT regarding bedbugs. http://huerfano.k12.co.us/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Bedbug2222018.pdf
February 22, 2018
201 5th Street
Walsenburg, CO 81089
Dear Ms. Hribar
I received notification from you regarding a bed bug issue that was noted at Peakview School on February 20, 2018. It is my understanding that the school nurse verified that one bed bug was found on a student at the end of the day. A letter was sent out to the parents of all students advising them of the situation and also some guidance on bed bugs.
In response to your notification, I conducted an inspection at Peakview School on February 22, 2018 to verify whether there was any evidence of bed bugs. After examining the classrooms and library, no bed bugs or signs of infestation were noted. I advised the staff to disinfect the seating and table areas of these rooms and keep them vacated until Monday February 26, 2018.
Thank you for contacting me regarding this situation, please contact me if you have questions.
Robin Heupel, REHS
Environmental Health Specialist III
Dismissal time for all students on Thursday, Oct. 26 will be at 3:05pm. Buses will run at 3:05pm. Thank you!
Here is the Huerfano Re-1 District Calendar, as approved by the School Board.
Updated May 25, 2016 2016-2017 School Calendar
Remember that when the weather is bad, to check Mr.Moore’s Closure Rubric and the various links found on that page. The district does it’s best to provide accurate and timely information.
The Town Hall Meeting is scheduled for October 28th at 6pm at Washington School.
The first DAAC meeting of the year will be on October 19th at 6pm at Peakview Elementary. If you would like to join the DAAC, please contact the District office.
As this group serves the Colorado Preschool Program as well, the committee needs a diverse number of members. This includes but is not limited to:
- At least three parents of students enrolled in the district
- One teacher employed in the district
- One school administrator employed in the district
- One business person from the district
In addition, the committee must have these areas represented for CPP.
- Two parents of children currently attending the district preschool program
- Two members of the business community
- Representatives from the following:
- County or district health department
- Department of social services
- County agency involved in job services and training
- Publicly funded early childhood education agency located in the school district
- Privately funded child care center located in the school district
- Charter school located in district that has a preschool program
For full information, check out the District Accountability Handbook and the Colorado Preschool Handbook
Huerfano RE-1 will be holding a Town Hall meeting on August 11th, at 6pm in the Washington School Auditorium. Our host for the evening will be Larry Patrick.
We are inviting our County Commissioners, City Council, businesses, parents, and the general public. We plan to discuss the health and needs of the district. Please bring your ideas and questions. We want the community to have input on what happens in the district. Come out and give your voice a chance to be heard. Please join us!