There will be two Special Board Meetings held on Monday, May 2, 2022 at 5:30pm and at 5:45pm. The agendas are as follows:
May 2, 2022 Special School Board Meeting – 530pm
Dear Parents/Guardians and Students,
We are so excited for our graduation class of 2022! To keep graduation running smoothly, we put together a guide for graduating seniors.
Graduation requirements are as follows:
- Completed 26 credit hours
- 32 Community service hours (paperwork submitted and verified by counselors)
- John Mall Student Handbook CDE Test Requirements can be found at:
Scholarships and deadlines- We want all of our seniors to have the opportunity to apply for
every scholarship available to them. A lot of times, these scholarships have deadlines and
criteria. Please see the attached guide.
Cap and Gown orders – In order to walk on graduation day, all eligible students must order a cap and gown. All students should have ordered a cap and gown; if not, please contact Ms. Schauth right away. Cap and gowns will be given out on May 19th for practice.
Please remember to submit senior photos to Mr. DeJong for the yearbook. Senior photos are past due. If you are interested in purchasing a senior page at the back of the yearbook, please contact Mr. DeJong at .
If any parent or guardian would like to volunteer in school activities, or outings, we would love to have you! Please call the office at (719) 738-1610.
- April 13th – Senior Spotlight Starts (John Mall Facebook Page)
- April 28th- Senior Slideshow due
- May 4th – Senior Day Trip
- May 11th – Senior Banquet 5pm
- May 19th – Senior Brunch, Peakview Walk Through, Final Assembly, Graduation Practice
- May 21st – Graduation 10am John Mall High School Football Field (weather permitting)
John Mall High School Staff
Nearly 3 billion dollars in scholarships and grants goes unclaimed every year! There is
something for everyone when it comes to scholarships.
Check out these scholarship search engines to see what scholarships are out there:
***Keep in mind, many universities and colleges offer their own scholarships to students who have selected to attend their school. If you have a few colleges in mind, look on their website and look under their Financial Aid tab. There should be information on what scholarships they offer.***
Some of the local scholarships for you to be on the lookout for next year include:
- San Isabel Electric (currently accepting applications) – https://siea.com/sieaandpoweredupscholarship/
- The Cuchara Chapel Scholarship – http://www.cucharachapel.org/scholarship/
- The Spanish Peak Hospital Foundation Scholarship
- John Mall Scholarship
- Candy CoCo Memorial (La Veta Octoberfest)
- Derek Cordova Spirit Scholarship
- Daniels Fund
- Colorado Lions Club
- Boettcher Foundation Scholarship – https://boettcherfoundation.org/
- Hagan Scholarship Foundation – https://www.hsfmo.org
- Greenhouse Scholars – https://greenhousescholars.org/our-scholars/become-a-scholar/
**Never pay to apply for scholarships! Scholarships and search sites should always be free.**
This fly through video was presented to the Huerfano Re-1 Board of Education on Monday, April 11, 2022. 3-D Rendering created by Wold Architects and Engineers. Please note: the final version of the building may not contain all aspects depicted in this rendering.
A link to our YouTube video is available here: https://youtu.be/Srfqn527e6s
Re-1 Schools are closed due to extreme high winds.