Very Important News: Huerfano RE-1 School Board voted and passed the following:
- Masks are Strongly recommended, not required, for all students, staff members and visitors.
- Masks are required on school transportation (buses/vehicles)
- All cleaning/sanitation and other mitigation protocols to reduce virus transmission will be in effect (temperature checks upon entry, testing when need is indicated or desired by parent, fogging of hallways and classrooms, etc.)
- This is a fluid situation and can change quickly. We will follow the advise of the Las Animas/Huerfano County Health Department when possible. If mandates are issued, we will follow the law.
- Masks are available at schools should your student need one.
- If wearing cloth masks it is very important to wash them regularly.
- Encourage thorough handwashing multiple times a day while at school.
- If your student is ill or showing systems of COVID please stay home. If student feels ill while at school please ensure that they visit the school nurse.
Should you have any questions please contact the school nurse, Laurie O’Connor 719-738-2190